Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Restoring the old me

My Evangeline,

Yesterday I came to an amazing realization that I am incredibly grateful for.  My caring nature for others has been returned to me.  After I lost you I lost the ability to feel happiness for others.  I never wished anything bad but I couldn't share in their happiness.  It was really scary for me because no matter what terrible times I had been through, I never felt that way before.  I felt dead inside with no joy at all.  I was scared and honestly I think I scared my family too!  I prayed to God for him to restore that ability in me.  He answered my prayer.  I genuinely feel happiness and share in the joy of others again.  The relief that I feel is unexplainable.  I also realized that since love comes from God, I will never lose that ability.  He will keep showing me the way and restore whatever this life breaks.  I wish that I could share this love with you.  Hopefully in some way I am.

Love,
your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment