Friday, October 17, 2014

Remembering "It's a girl!!"

My Evangeline,

One year ago today I had my doctor appointment to reveal what your gender was. I wanted to surprise my family with it so I decided to throw a gender reveal party. Your awesome Godmother decided that it should be a surprise for me too. So when the doctor saw what your gender was she did not let me know and instead called your Godmother. She also gave me your picture in a sealed envelope for me to open at the party. I was so anxiously waiting for the party. I wanted to start calling you baby girl or baby boy instead of just baby. Have I mentioned how awesome your Godmother is? Well, if you don't already know this will prove it. For my surprise she bought pink balloons and placed them in a box. She also got blue and pink cupcakes with pink filling inside all of them. When the time came to reveal you I opened the box and out flew the pink balloons. We were all so excited and thrilled! Everyone took a guess on what you were and they were wearing either a mustache for a boy or red lips for a girl. I have to say that this was the best day of my life at that point. I finally knew what little bundle of joy I was carrying was. I was so proud of my baby girl, the little baby girl that tickled me in the afternoons when she felt playful. The little baby girl that felt it wasn't time to reveal who she was at 13 weeks so she teased the nurse. That was a great day and I will never forget.

Knowing what I lost still hurts very much and I am sure that if I think of it long enough I will break down. But I am also at peace because I know you are with the Lord. I know you are happy, loved and very well taken care of. And I know that you changed the course of my life completely and helped set me free. The next few weeks were the beginning of my worst nightmare last year. This year I will go through them with confidence in who you are and what your purpose was for me.

I love you my baby girl,
Your mama

2 comments: