Thursday, October 2, 2014

Today marks the end of a chapter

My Evangeline,

Today is the day that I am legally free and divorced. Although I feel that I've already started over and began a new life, today officially marks the end of a big chapter in my life. I am not sad, angry or resentful. Instead I look at those years with gratitude for what I learned from them. There were good memories and lessons that I will take with me going forward. I pray that this will also help your dad move forward and begin a new life. I pray for his salvation too. It ended in an explosive manner but also with a sweet gift, you. God has his hand in my life and I've come to the realization of how much he loves me. Sending you not only set me free but showed me what real love is. It showed me a glimpse of how he loves us. I hope that everyone can experience that love in some way.

Going through this process has been a roller coaster to say the least. I have never felt more unstable. What is great is that this whole time God has been with me, guiding me and in fact I was stabilized by him. It was my emotions that were unstable. I don't feel bad about that because I know given all that has happened it is normal to be over emotional. I also know that God will and has healed me. The strength I have comes from him. The perseverance and love that I have comes from him. I would have never known who he is had I not gone through what I did. I am grateful. I look forward with new perspective and new realization.

Love,
your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment